Here’s a real-life example I’d like to share. An average of 500 people search the exact query “how much does SEO cost in Singapore” in Google every month, according to keyword research. This is one of the reasons we decided to write this article! There is considerable confusion surrounding this question, especially for those who are just starting out in their research. There is no easy answer to this question.
Depending on the Singapore SEO agency you hire, SEO pricing can range from $50 to over $250 per hour. For an initial hour-long consultation, SEO guru Neil Patel allegedly charges up to $5,000. That’s not to say your neighbor’s daughter down the street who is “good with computers” won’t offer to do it for $200 a month, and she might even know what she’s doing! We’re not saying Neil Patel isn’t worth $5,000 (spoiler alert: if you’re not a Fortune 500 company, he probably isn’t).
What SEO ultimately costs for your business depends on many factors, including:
- The overall technical aptitude of your website and its CMS (content management system). OuterBox, a leading eCommerce website design company, builds websites for its clients that exceed the expectations of Google and other search engines. When a site is built using SEO and eCommerce best practices, it is much easier to optimize effectively and efficiently. Most CMSs out there significantly lack in this area (looking at you, Magento).
- Visibility in organic search. Expect to pay more or wait longer for tangible results if you have a brand-new website with zero domain authority and no rankings at all.
- Brand awareness and exposure already exist. Refer to the previous point.
- Expertise level of the SEO company. This is especially true for your industry and niche within it.
- Business goals and objectives. In order to achieve those goals, you should consider the role organic traffic from search engines like Google and Bing will play.
- There is competition. The level of competition will vary depending on the industry and keywords you need to target.
- Efforts are urgent. Getting quicker results requires more time and resources since SEO takes time.
- Demographics and target audience. Are you a local business operating within a limited geographical area, or are you looking to run a national or global SEO campaign? Your SEO campaign’s price may or may not be affected by this.
During 2021, local Singapore SEO campaigns cost approximately $1,000 per month, while national SEO campaigns cost between $2,500 and $7500 per month. Depending on the keywords and the services included, SEO services vary in cost.
Why do some SEO firms charge $500 per month while others charge upwards of $10,000? Taking a look at the differences in pricing and why one SEO agency may charge more than another, let’s find out why.
A business hires an SEO company to fill a void in their business skills or expertise. The success of your search marketing campaign can determine the growth of your business. With no in-house experts to help evaluate potential firms and somewhat intimidating SEO terms, how can a business begin to understand what SEO services they need?
How can one determine what kind of SEO budget to allocate based on the value and costs of those services?